ALN Tokenomics: Fair Distribution, Community-owned & Self-governed

Greetings Alunauts,

This week we dive a little deeper into the World of Aluna.

Aluna’s vision is to gamify finance and create the ultimate social trading experience for a Web 3.0 world.

Aluna’s flagship product, Aluna.Social, combines trading with social and gamification elements to provide a transparent environment where aspiring retail traders can thrive.

The native ALN token rewards participants who create value for the Aluna ecosystem. ALN is fairly distributed, community-owned and self-governed.

🌎 A Community Ownership Ecosystem

65% of the total ALN supply is distributed to the community who will govern the remaining 35% held in the treasury through the Aluna DAO.

Refer to our previous medium post for an overview of ALN distribution and vesting schedule.

👨‍🌾 Bootstrapping a Global Community

Aluna’s stakeholders include investors, traders, defi ecosystem participants, liquidity providers, and builders. A central part of ALN’s allocation strategy is fair distribution focused on longevity and long-term sustainability, that caters to all stakeholders involved.

All community tokens will be distributed over the next 3 years.

Core team members are temporary leaders overseeing ALN’s transition into a 100% community-owned & self-governed project by handing the reins to Aluna DAO.

👨‍🚀 ALN Early Adopters

10% of the total supply (10,000,000 ALN) has been distributed to the OG Alunauts who are early adopters of the Aluna.Social platform and have supported the Aluna Project since 2018. These tokens were distributed on February 14, 2020.

🌌 ALN Token Sale

25% of the total supply (25,000,000 ALN) is allocated to the Token Sale.

More details about the ALN Public Sale will be announced on our telegram announcements channel in February 2021. Stay tuned!

🌾 Bootstrapping Liquidity

15% of the total supply (15,000,000 ALN) is allocated to the Ecosystem Fund to bootstrap liquidity, attract a larger audience, and incentivise meaningful contribution such as by being an active or top performing trader on Aluna.Social.

The first Ecosystem Fund distribution will start in March 2021 with 2 campaigns:

  • Liquidity Mining: 2+ pools to stake your ALN-PAIR DEX LP Tokens to earn ALN
  • ROI Farming: Top traders on the Aluna.Social Leaderboard earn ALN

A Rewards Pool contract will be deployed when subscription plans launch on Aluna.Social. Part of monthly subscription fees paid on the Aluna.Social platform will be rewarded to all profitable traders based on their trading performance.

20% of the Ecosystem Fund will be held in a 2-of-3 multi-sig wallet by the core team, to be deployed over the first 3-6 months. Remaining 80% will be sent to a vesting contract with a vesting period of 3 years with a 6-month cliff.

⚖️ Aluna DAO: Treasury & Governance

ALN is community-owned and self-governed through the Aluna DAO. A governable Treasury is seeded with 35% of the total supply (35,000,000 ALN) to be deployed based on community decisions, and rewards contribution from community members to further support stability in the long run.

Management of the protocol will eventually be given to network governance, enabling decentralised control and evolution of the ALN token. Governors in the Aluna DAO will be able to propose and vote on usage of the treasury and other protocol improvements.

Using a modified YFI governance model, the community will be able to submit governance proposals by locking up 1337 ALN in a staking contract. The governance platform is planned for release within the next 6 months. In the meantime, take part in governance discussions on discord.

The ALN Treasury tokens are vested for 3 years with a 6-month cliff.

🧙‍♀️ Bootstrapping Utility

The first ALN-powered platform, Aluna.Social’s copy-trading terminal for crypto traders, is now live in Beta and free to use. Users who stake ALN will get access to premium features and fee discounts on Aluna.Social, and a part of fees paid on Aluna.Social is added to the Treasury.

To add more use-cases for ALN that expand the ecosystem and grow the treasury, treasury funds can be used for awarding grants to builders to create tools & services that benefit the Aluna ecosystem, such as Web3 prediction games, a DeFi portfolio tracker, and on-chain copy-trading.

Alunauts holding at least 1337 ALN in their MetaMask wallet are invited to join the Aluna token-permissioned chat group on Telegram.

📊 ALN Token Allocation

Total Supply: 100M ALN

ALN is an ERC-20 token with a fixed supply of 100M tokens. There is no inflationary or deflationary mechanism.

Total Supply: 100M ALN

🔹 10M to Aluna OGs
🔹 15M to Team and Advisors
🔹 15M to Ecosystem Fund (Liquidity mining and ROI farming)
🔹 25M to Token Sale

(B) 35M: Treasury (managed by the AlunaDAO)

ALN Token Distribution

👾 ALN Core Team

Team & Advisor tokens (15%) are vested for 3 years with a 6-month cliff.

Alvin Lee, Co-founder (CEO)
Alvin has been trading cryptocurrencies since 2013 and is a key opinion leader in the community.
Henrique Matias, Co-founder (COO)
Henrique is an algorithmic trader actively involved in the cryptocurrency markets since 2014.
Anderson Arboleya, CTO
Anderson is a self-taught full stack developer with over 15 years of experience architecting high-performance applications and making code flow with the rhythm.
Filipe Dias, Full Stack Developer
Filipe is a full stack developer with more than a decade of experience under his belt, previously a teacher who helped many other developers improve their skills.
Alex Beltechi, Product Designer
Alex is a UI & UX specialist with over 10 years of experience working with award-winning and designer brands, transforming ideas into state-of-the-art digital experiences.

The next-generation gamified social trading terminal: https://aluna.social/landing/

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store