What started off as a snail-paced year for Aluna, quickly turned into a slingshot into space.
If you’ve had trouble keeping up with all the Aluna developments, and there were MANY, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Here’s a recap of what we’ve accomplished in Q1 2021, and what we’re looking forward to in the near future.
Successful Seed Equity Round and Private Token Sale
We kicked off the year by completing our Seed Equity Round and Private Token Sale, securing $1 Million in funds. The raised funds are being used to fast-track development of the Aluna ecosystem, with the ultimate goal of creating a gamified social trading experience fit for the Web 3.0 world. This includes development of new exchange integrations and features on Aluna.Social, Web3 prediction games, creation of an on-chain social trading platform and analytics tools for DEX traders, bootstrapping liquidity for $ALN, and carrying out activities like marketing, legal and business development.
Read the full story and learn about Aluna’s backers here.
Oversubscribed Public Token Sale
On March 1st, 2021, the much anticipated Aluna Public Sale, Strong Holder Offering (SHO), was held in collaboration with DAO Maker. A total of 3,000,000 ALN was sold, raising our goal sum of $300,000 from 2,342 participants. We were blown away by the response from the community, as each round of the sale was oversubscribed by 500% to 20,000% depending on the round. Aluna.Social has been in the making for 4 years, from concept to launch, and it is incredible to see the support for our vision and product by the public. This gives us great encouragement and valuable feedback to build a truly decentralized, community-owned and self governed social trading platform we all deserve.
More details on the $ALN Public Sale Results can be found here.
As the Public Sale was underway, we saw an explosion of members join our communities on Telegram and Twitter, bringing engagement, constructive feedback, and hype to Aluna. We’ve also seen impressive gains in users and trading volume over the last 3–6 months:
- 5x increase of platform users to 27,000+
- 16x increase in monthly trading volume to $16.3M+
- 10x increase in AUM to $8.5M+
- 14,900+ Twitter followers
- 15,000+ Telegram members across our EN and local groups
If you haven’t joined us on Telegram or Twitter yet, scroll down to the bottom of this post for the links to all our social channels.
In addition to our investor backers and community support, we strategically formed partnerships with key teams to further advance awareness, development, and expansion of Aluna.Social. Some of our new partners include:
- DAO Maker — an incubator that creates growth technologies and funding frameworks for startups — who we’ve partnered with for our Public Sale and beyond.
- DextForce Explorer — an experienced group of DeFi traders and investors powered by DexTools.io and DEXT token — who contribute support and investment to early stage projects well positioned for success.
- DXdao — a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) for community governance of software protocols — who we’ve partnered with to advance platform growth, new product offerings, and decentralized governance.
- Gate.io Labs — a start-up accelerator that supports talented entrepreneurs with disruptive ideas — who have contributed seed investment and ongoing coaching to help us meet our milestones.
- KSSPAD — a crosschain IDO (Initial DEX Offering) platform and universal app monetization platform — which will allow ALN holders and IDO participants to earn $ALN and other tokens.
$ALN TGE & Listings on Exchanges
Shortly after the success of Aluna Public Sale, we held our Token Generation Event (TGE), distributing $ALN to over 2,600 early adopters and investors. This was followed up by $ALN listings on Centralized and Decentralized exchanges including: Uniswap, Gate.io and DeversiFi. $ALN is currently tradable against ETH and USDT pairs, with more exchange listings to be announced soon!
$ALN Listings on Trackers
Taking a user first approach, and to allow easy tracking of $ALN together with the rest of your crypto portfolio, we’ve added $ALN to various coin trackers, portfolio trackers and analysis tools:
The real-time price of $ALN has also been added on Etherscan!
Smart Contract Audit
The development of Aluna.Social platform and our rigorous approach to security, has always been, and will always remain our core focus. We are proud to have had CertiK, an edge-standards cybersecurity firm, conduct a successful audit of Aluna’s smart contracts. The audit covered Aluna’s Vesting, Staking Pools, and Governance contracts, and ensured security and integrity against hacks and malfunctions across Aluna’s ecosystem, including governance, liquidity mining and farming.
View the details and access the full audit report here.
Liquidity Mining Program
In line with our long-term plans, we were excited to kick off our very first 12-week Aluna Liquidity Mining Program, giving away 250,000 $ALN. The program serves to supplement our ALN distribution model, incentivize liquidity provision, and improve stability of the ALN market. Aluna’s genesis Liquidity Mining pool is set up to distribute 250,000 $ALN to ALN/ETH liquidity providers on Uniswap, and will end on June 17th, 2021.
Just a week since the launch, we’ve already seen massive organic growth:
- Uniswap ALN/ETH Liquidity: $700K+
- Liquidity Mining APY: 180%+
- TVL: $500K+
To participate in Aluna’s Liquidity Mining Program and earn $ALN, read our Medium post.
To show appreciation for Aluna’s top contributors and loyal supporters, we unveiled our first ever Limited Edition NFT, created in partnership with @_Man_WithNoName (Twitter). There were 10 NFTs in total, 9 of which were gifted to Aluna’s most active traders and 1 was distributed to our first ever NFT Giveaway winner — selected from more than 500 participants! Aluna’s Exclusive NFT can be showcased, gifted or stored. It holds zero financial value but a whole lot of boasting power.
View ‘MAN ON THE MOON’ on:
We were excited to see the tremendous support for Aluna’s 100,000 $ALN airdrop, worth over $90,000. Running over an 8 week period, we’ve seen record numbers of participants and new users who found value in using Aluna.Social. This was our 3rd and most successful Airdrop to date.
- 1,652 participants
- $27M+ volume traded across BitMEX, Bitfinex & Poloniex
- 11,300+ trades executed
We are reviewing the airdrop data and will publish an update next week, along with distribution.
March saw us attend 8 AMAs in the span of 2 weeks, getting close with crypto communities of established Influencers in the space. We answered community questions relating to security, utility and use case of $ALN, philosophy behind Aluna.Social, what makes Aluna unique from competition, how top traders on Aluna are rewarded, and much, much more!
Check out the most frequently asked questions from all the AMAs that you won’t find on our website or whitepaper: https://aluna.medium.com/aluna-ama-roadshow-recap-b70aeed7ed86.
On the lighter note, we also held a MEME contest with a $500 prize pool in ALN tokens. The winners were selected based on the originality, quality and sense of humor of their memes.
If you’re a hodler of memes and appreciate a bit of a laugh, check out the top Aluna memes here:
Last but not least, with all the recent developments and a huge surge of interest and usage of Aluna.Social platform, we found it imperative to expand our team to speed up the development and improvement of the Aluna.Social ecosystem. In addition to our core team of 6 members who make everything possible…
- Co-founder & CEO, Alvin Lee
- Co-founder & COO, Henrique Matias
- CTO, Anderson Arboleya
- Head of PR & Marketing, Kate Alippa
- Full-stack Developer Filipe Dias
- Product Designer, Alex Beltechi
…we’ve grown our technical team to include 8 more members: 2 front-end developers (Jose and Breno), Tradingview charts developer (David), devops architect (Adrian), 2 design system ops (Hendrik and Magdiel) and 2 more backend developers.
The Road Ahead
We’ve got ambitious plans ahead, and here’s what you can expect from us in Q2 2021:
- Copy trading, Leaderboard & copy-position-scaling improvements
- New Airdrop for BitMEX only, with emphasis on trading volume
- Trading competition
- Launch of write-permissions for BitMEX
- Launch copy-trading for BitMEX
- Launch 3+ exchange read-only integrations e.g. Gate, KuCoin, Binance Futures, FTX, Bybit
- Launch PRO Subscriptions (3-month Opt-in testing phase)